Welcome to the ArtsFairfax online application system!
This online application system is used for a variety of ArtsFairfax programs including grants, the Arts Awards, public art, Capital One Hall space use, and the artist residency program.
First time here?
Please click "Sign Up" to complete the registration process and create your free Submittable login credentials. Be sure to keep this login information for your records.
Before Beginning an Application:
- Take a few minutes to review the guidelines (available on the ArtsFairfax website and below with each category) including eligibility requirements.
- Keep a record of your user name and password (each artist/team/organization may have only one).
- Additional resources including grant information session presentations, sample applications, and grant guidelines are located on the ArtsFairfax website.
- Grant applicants are encouraged to attend a grant information session where the grant guidelines, review process, and on-line application are explained in detail.
- Please contact ArtsFairfax for instructions if you plan to apply for a grant with a Fiscal Sponsor.
Dates & deadlines:
Check each submission for time due and please don't wait until the last minute to submit.
Public Art and Capital One Hall: Lisa Mariam (email@example.com)
Arts Awards nominations: Debbie Mueller (DMueller@artsfairfax.org)
Arts organizations will complete this form once as part of the application process for grants that require an organization profile. This form collects key information about an organization—including mission, vision, values, and demographics. Applicants will upload a PDF of this form with certain FY24 ArtsFairfax Grant applications. Refer to the Grant Guidelines for review criteria.
- Complete the grant application eligibility quiz (i.e., Operating Support, Project Support) through ArtsFairfax’s online grant portal.
- Complete the Organization Profile form below.
- After submitting, visit your account submissions page. Locate the Organization Profile in your list of submissions.
- Download your Organization Profile.
- Upload the PDF of your Organization Profile to your FY24 ArtsFairfax grant application where requested.
Editing the Organization Profile:
- Check the Organization Profile form for completeness and accuracy before uploading to your FY24 ArtsFairfax grant applications.
- Your Organization Profile may be edited as needed. To open your form for editing, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edit your Organization Profile at least once per 12-month period.
Ticket and Participation Subsidy Grants are non-matching grants to Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, and City of Falls Church arts organizations to fund free and reduced-price tickets, participation, and transportation for performances, workshops, classes, and camps for Fairfax residents who may not have regular opportunities to experience the arts.
Applicants may request up to $5,000. No match is required. A Ticket and Participation Subsidy Grant is paid in full at the time of award.
a) Ticket Value (for free or reduced priced tickets)
b) Fees/Tuition for classes, workshops, camps
c) Transportation expenses
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until available funds are expended through June 30, 2024.
If you need help distributing tickets please see ArtsFairfax website for suggested community contacts.
Read the complete Ticket and Participation Subsidy Grant Guidelines at https://artsfairfax.org/ticketsubsidy/
Request for Qualifications
Temporary Art Installation Opportunity
at Tysons Corner Center in Fairfax, VA
ArtsFairfax is accepting qualifications from artists, artist teams, and arts organizations for temporary art installations at Tysons Corner Center, a mixed-use destination owned by Macerich. The company is seeking artists and arts organizations to activate Tysons Corner Center spaces with art.
The selected artists/teams/organizations will provide visual art exhibitions for temporary installation inside the shopping center. Both static and interactive installations will be considered.
ArtsFairfax has partnered with Macerich, the owners and developers of Tysons Corner Center, to showcase local artists, artist teams, and arts organizations of Fairfax County. Through a series of temporary art installations, the more than 20 million yearly visitors who explore Tysons Corner Center’s retail and entertainment offerings will discover the diversity, creativity, and quality of visual artists from the Fairfax region.
Tysons Corner Center offers a mix of more than 300 retail brands, 40 dining destinations, a Hyatt Regency, VITA Luxury Apartments, and a 16-screen stadium seating and IMAX 3D AMC Theatres. Tysons’ outdoor plaza offers concerts and community events.
Tysons Corner Center is located about ten miles west of Washington, D.C. just off the Capital Beltway (I-495) near the intersection of Routes 7 and 123.
The goal for this initiative is to use the arts to engage the general public through art and reflect Macerich’s investment in the local community. ArtsFairfax and Macerich are looking for artwork that will:
1. Use the arts to activate the space while creating a unique environment.
2. Brand Tysons Corner Center as an innovative retail & entertainment community with a contemporary, progressive, and creative character.
3. Promote the work of local artists and arts organizations.
Macerich will work with the selected artist/team/organization to install the exhibitions. Both ArtsFairfax and Macerich will promote the exhibitions.
The exhibition spaces vary and can accommodate both 2-D and 3-D art. The space is fully accessible during Tysons Corner Center regular hours of Monday through Saturday from 10AM-9PM and Sunday from 11AM – 7PM.
A professional art hanging system will be installed. Adequate lighting is present. No art can be installed from the ceiling.
Approximately 9 ft in height with varying widths of 10-30 feet in length
Pedestals and display boxes need to be installed by programmer/artist if needed. Adequate lighting is present. No art can be installed from the ceiling. Sculpture, objects, and installations can be placed in the center of the space.
Approximately 20ft in height with varying radius distances.
Both spaces are well lit with cameras on site as well as strolling mall security.
If selected, the artist/arts organization shall be responsible for general liability insurance as well as insurance of their artwork for the duration of the agreement including in transit, installation/deinstallation, and while on view.
Applications must be submitted online at https://artsfairfax.submittable.com.
The following materials will be required to be uploaded:
1. Statement of Interest and description of your work or project,
2. Resume outlining your professional accomplishments. If submitting as a team or organization, please include resumes for each team member, with each resume being no longer than three pages.
3. Images of installed past work of similar scope, scale
Selection Process, Timeline, and Criteria
Eligibility: Professional artists, design professionals, and arts organizations are invited to apply as individuals or teams. The artist/team/organization must reside, work, and/or have a studio in Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, or the City of Falls Church.
Contracts will be awarded on a rolling basis. Only selected artists will be contacted.
Each temporary art exhibition will be installed for a minimum of 8 weeks. Artists/teams/organizations may apply more than once.
Macerich will be the sole determiner of selection. All fees and project costs will be negotiated between Macerich and artist/artist team/organization.